Powered By Blogger

Monday 3 December 2012

Drive

So after watching Drive for the 100th time today, I've realised it has become one of my favourite films. And no, it isn't because I've got a man crush on Ryan Gosling... Honest.
       How are men supposed to compete with this guy? Fuck you Ryan Gosling, you and your awesome driving gloves. 


    I didn't even realise this film existed until a few months back (probably because I was broke in 2011 when it was released so I couldn't afford to go to the cinema) But put my financial status to one side for a second and even just listening to the soundtrack you know it's gonna' be a good movie. Reminds me a lot of GTA: Vice City sometimes (Another 18+ rated game I played as a child, which if you haven't played, lets just say murdering members of the public for their money is encouraged.) There's also a fuck tonne of violence in Drive as well which caught me off guard a bit. So if you're a bit of a wuss when it comes to seeing a man literally getting his head crushed by Gosling's boot, you might want to give this one a miss and go watch Finding Nemo or something.




    No wonder this won Best Director at Cannes, (thanks, IMDB) the way it's put together keeps you wondering where the hell the film is going, and Gosling puts in the best acting performance I've seen by him as the nameless hero. So thanks, Drive, you've answered the question of what Blu-Ray movie I can buy my Dad for Christmas, and then steal back a week later and add to my film collection. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment